Business Leaders and Entrepreneurs Invited to Learn How to Build a Company with Profit and Purpose
Lowcountry Local First is hosting the ninth annual Good Business Summit on February 24th at the Charleston Music Hall. This one-day event will include keynote speakers, panel discussions and interactive breakout sessions to spotlight creative ideas and workable solutions for building your company with profit and purpose. Attendees are invited to enjoy breakfast, lunch and happy hour networking events throughout the day.
The Good Business Summit is open to the public and registration is open with tickets ranging from $95 – $195. Tickets are all-inclusive with breakfast, lunch and happy hour. Attendees are highly encouraged to purchase tickets in advance as space is limited in order to allow for social distancing throughout the event.
2022 featured speakers include:
– KEYNOTE: Jeni Britton, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams
– Mimi Striplin, The Tiny Tassel
– Jason Burke, The New Primal
– Stephanie Hall, Estelle Colored Glass
– Michael Shemtov, Butcher & Bee and The Daily
– Vernita Brown, Natalist
– Kerry Marhefka, Abundant Seafood
– Jeff Plotner, Brackish
– Additional speakers and bios can be viewed online at goodbusinesssummit.org/speakers.
Session topics include:
– How Jeni’s Internal Culture Drives Brand Voice and Reputation
– Good Growth: Aligning Values, Passion, and Purpose to Build a Company You Love
– Great Companies Attract Great People
– Craft Your Commerce: Top Trends for Indie Retailers
– Mission Marketing with Social Media and PR Experts
– Crowdfunding and Other Non-Traditional Funding Models
– Commercial Space University
– Building Value-Aligned Partnerships with People and Brands
– The Responsible Brand Toolkit
Sessions subject to change.
Jeni Briton, Founder & Chief Creative Officer for Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams, will join the event live, virtually, to share her urgently compelling lessons on creativity, entrepreneurship and of course, her endless explorations of flavor. Jeni is has been recognized by Fast Company as one of the most creative people in business today. She remains the beating heart of the Certified B-Corporation and oversees all creative output—from the ice cream itself to the supporting details that enhance the experience of eating it. She will be interviewed by Tara Pate, founder of Daysie, a Public Benefit Corporation that launched in Charleston, SC in 2021, offering a line of organic syrups.
“First Reliance Bank’s purpose is to make the lives of our customers and communities better. We believe in supporting the local business community because we know when business grows, our local economies and communities grow and thrive too. We take great pride in helping business owners achieve their dream of owning a business and assisting them with their financial needs as they grow,” said Blake Dressler, Charleston Market President for First Reliance Bank, the presenting sponsor of the Good Business Summit.
Learn more about the Good Business Summit online or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2022 Good Business Summit’s presenting sponsor is First Reliance Bank. Other event partners include Blackbaud, College of Charleston MBA Program, Digital Ignite, Charleston Regional Business Journal, Republic Development & Management Group, Bodega, and Verde.