March 2023 Advocacy Updates
Below are things you should know or take action on right now as a local-independent business owner or community leader:
– Support this: SC Craft Beer Economic Development Act, a new bill recently introduced to the SC Senate that could improve conditions and opportunities for our local brewers
– From City of Charleston: Watch the recent State of the City Address from Mayor Tecklenburg
– From City of Charleston: New permit and processes required for late night entertainment establishment went into effect Feb 13. Learn more.
– From the Post and Courier: An update on the commercial and residential developments planned on the Navy Yard in North Charleston. You can also follow the updates on the Instagram account @NavyYardCHS.
– From the Town of Mount Pleasant / Live 5 News: New program launches to encourage future sustainable development, applying to future mixed-use, commercial and industrial construction and any remodels of buildings that fit that type. Learn more.
– Member Resource: Local Expertise Exchange, a curated network of “experts” in a variety of business service fields who are willing and glad to give of their time to their fellow local business owners and managers to give a bit of complimentary and confidential guidance. Learn more and get involved.
Questions? Input? Let us know.