We're Hiring: Good Enterprises Program Director
Position: Good Enterprises Program Director
Organization: Lowcountry Local First
Term: Full-time, permanent
Reports to: Executive Director
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Summary: Lowcountry Local First (LLF) is an entrepreneurial nonprofit organization made up of more than 450 local businesses representing diverse industries across the 8-county Lowcountry region. Our mission advances economic prosperity and local ownership through innovative and inclusive initiatives that build our community’s wealth and wellbeing. Our work is threefold: 1) educate the public on why it’s important to choose local and influence them to do so; 2) work with our elected officials, decision-makers, and opinion leaders to foster a better environment for creating and sustaining local businesses, and 3) deliver resources, programming, networking, mentorship and more to local businesses of all shapes and sizes.
The Good Enterprises Program Director is responsible for providing leadership and direction for program delivery, management, evaluation and oversight related to all aspects of this initiative, including the Community Business Academy (CBA), Business Acceleration Services (BAS), Credit to Capital (C2C) and the annual Pitch event. The Program Director will have overall responsibility for the progress and outcomes of these programs and reports directly to the Executive Director. This responsibility includes planning, organizing, supervising, and controlling program activities.
- Execute the delivery of the overall program and its activities in harmony with Rising Tide Capital’s model and the overall goals of the organization.
- Supervise program staff, coaches, and instructors by providing direction, input and feedback. Implement a performance management process for all program staff.
- Collaborate across departments to ensure that program graduates receive a seamless transition into the full benefits of LLF membership.
- Coordinate with Marketing and Communications Director and ED to ensure the effective and efficient program promotion and recruitment.
- Work with the ED to develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program.
- Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate:
- Demonstrated success in program management and staff supervision.
- Has great passion for the mission of Lowcountry Local First to build an equitable local economy for all.
- Eloquently and effectively communicate the mission and work of LLF and the Good Enterprises program, whether one-on-one or a public speaking engagement.
- Ability to direct staff and collaborate with a small team, as well as work independently.
- Is highly organized with the ability to prioritize, manage projects, implement systems and follow-up processes.
- Spanish language proficiency preferred but not required.
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar donor management CRM.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Work may be performed indoors and outdoors during all but the most severe weather. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
The Good Enterprises initiative offers programs in Charleston County and beyond. Travel to participate in program launches, graduations, meetings, and conferences throughout the Lowcountry and the state may be required.
- Paid time off based on tenure.
- Eight paid holidays (including your birthday), plus Dec. 24th through Jan 1st.
- 3% company matching SIMPLE-IRA retirement fund.
- Generous cell phone and insurance stipends.
- Work remotely one day per week.
- Parental leave up to  weeks (after one year of employment), including four  weeks paid leave.
- Annual stipend provided for professional development.
How to Apply
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please email cover letter and resume to HR@lowcountrylocalfirst.org with “GE Program Director” in subject heading.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to ongoing organizational improvements to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We cannot achieve a thriving local economy without racial justice, and we believe that achieving true equality requires dismantling racism and repairing the centuries of harm inflicted on Black, Indigenous, and People of Color. We aim to identify candidates committed to these values of equity and justice. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.