Join the Local Movement
The Lowcountry thrives because of its strong, cooperative local business community. Join the hundreds of local-independent businesses who make up the Lowcountry Local First movement. Whether you’re looking for educational webinars, marketing clout, advocacy support, or information about local events and socials, our membership benefits provide more than just a network of passionate local leaders. Find the level that fits your unique business and let us help you make the most of membership.
Thank you for your support of the Local First mission. We look forward to the positive impact we will have together!
We do not want money to be a barrier of entry for those looking to engage in the Local movement. We want to know you and we want you to know us. Your input, your voice and your support matter. If you need to arrange monthly installments or wish to have an extension on your current membership, give us a call at 843-801-3390 or contact us to get started.
Certified Local Member Criteria:
The following criteria are necessary for businesses joining Lowcountry Local First and constitute Lowcountry Local First’s definition of a local independent business:
- The business is privately held and not publicly traded.
- The business is based locally and has no corporate or national headquarters outside the Lowcountry.
- The business owners who have a controlling interest of more than 50% live in the Lowcountry.
- The business can make independent decisions regarding the name and look of the business, business purchasing, practices and distribution, as well as pays all its own marketing, rent, and other business expenses.
Membership Levels and Benefits
- Covers unlimited locations. Suggested for businesses with more than 25 employees.
- All Champion level benefits, plus:
- Priority placement of your logo and link on the home page of LowcountryLocalFirst.org
- Invitation to be featured on LLF’s blog and social media (must be arranged and scheduled with LLF’s Director of Marketing and Communications)
- Opportunity to considered as a guest feature on “Small Talks, Big Ideas with Steve” - the new Lowcountry Local First podcast
- Covers up to 5 locations. Suggested for businesses with up to 25 employees.
- All Enthusiast level benefits, plus:
- Opportunity to gain visibility as a partner on one Local Social or Good Business Workshop
- Recognition at Good Business Summit
- Covers up to 3 locations
- All Business Member level benefits, plus:
- Higher listing placement in your chosen categories (up to 3) of the online Local Business Directory
- Recognition at the Annual Meeting
- Listed in Annual Report
- Covers one same-named business location
- Business listing featuring logo and website in the online Local Business Directory (Promoted via Adwords and in monthly communications; 1000+ average monthly views)
- Access to “Certified Local” brand identifiers (print and digital badges), making it easy for customers and clients to know they’re supporting a community-rooted business
- Free access for your entire staff to live programming such as Good Business Webinars (and/or Workshops), Local Socials, Industry Roundtables, Elected Official Town Halls
- Ability to engage in the Local Expertise Exchange - a complimentary member-to-member consulting network
- Invitation to provide ongoing input which guides our advocacy work and shapes our programming
- Social media support and engagement to help promote your business’ offerings
- Access to private Members Only Facebook Group where you can share events, member-to-member promotions, job listings and more
- Access to complimentary digital toolkits for easy engagement with our monthly public awareness campaigns
Community Bank or Credit Union
To join as a Community Bank or Credit Union, please review our membership criteria for financial institutions.
Hispanic Business Association Partnership
To join as a member of the Hispanic Business Association (HBA), please contact us.